The Hedgewife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hedgewife

The Hedgewife forum is for women who love old fashioned living and creating in todays modern world.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hidey HO!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Hidey HO! Empty
PostSubject: Hidey HO!   Hidey HO! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 10:17 am

Time has passed quicky, and it's almost time for me to go home (tomorrow)..I'll miss everyone here and miss seeing the little one grow, but at the same time, I'll be glad to get back home.
It's probably going to take me several weeks to get back into my normal 'housework' routine....but hey, at least I'll have something to work at!!

So how's your Christmas shopping and crafting going??
I am almost anxious to get started doing some more crafts when I get home..I've kinda missed it for the past few weeks. LOL..

Will check in again when I get home.
Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!
Back to top Go down
http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Hidey HO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidey HO!   Hidey HO! EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:52 am

I'll bet that it will be hard to leave the little one! She will grow so quickly. But...it is always so nice to go home, isn't it? And Christmas so close, so much to do with even the "have-to's". Smile

Christmas shopping and crafting...well, the shopping is done except for some gift certificates that were on the lists, have a lot of baking to do, and the crafts will fill in when there is time now. I plan to definitely re-vamp my thinking next year, although I am not too interested in craft shows for myself...it gives you a lot of exposure and short, quick sales. So....I think that I will have to go over the pros and cons about that side of the coin. I wasn't proactive this year, I didn't advertise and sales were there but not what they should have been.

We have a cookie swap here next week, should be fun. There are 7 of us, so we will have some wine and swap some stories and laughs while we are at it. We will all bake an extra dozen for a friend who just lost his wife too, he will appreciate it a lot, I know. Such a difficult time.

Enjoy getting home and putting on Christmas, Sage. I'll bet hubby has missed your cooking!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Hidey HO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidey HO!   Hidey HO! EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:41 am

LOL! I told him he only missed my cooking and doing the laundry..he added in back scratches!! LOL

I've never done a craft show either...I used to have a shop at one time, but never went in for the shows. They are fun to go to though! LOL

Good luck if you decide to try your hand at it!

I've got some baking left to do myself...not much, mostly cookies. The breads I've already done and put in the freezer, so I'm good on that end. I guess I'll start doing some decorating this week.
AND CLEANING! Not that the hubby was messy, he kept things up and neat, but I realized when I got home that I really need to do a 'revamping' in some rooms..cleaning them from corner to corner, top to bottom, curtain washing, window cleaning...furniture arranging, etc. Soooo I'll start that next week.
I'm taking the weekend to relax and just 'be home'..and it's a good feeling!!

Will check in later!!
Have a great weekend!
Back to top Go down
http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Hidey HO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidey HO!   Hidey HO! EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 9:43 pm

It is a winter day here and I finally got around to decorating the tree. This is an odd year, for the first time ever, our kids aren’t coming home for the holidays. It is a strange feeling. To decorate the house and put up a tree, and no children. Hmmm… So, we re-vamped our plans and brought up the 6 foot primitive tree from my downstairs shop. It is smaller, and we don’t have a large space for it anyway.

When I put on my new deep burgundy bead garland, I instantly liked the tree. The lights were already on, so now for the ornies. Well, for 23 years I have been collecting ornies for each of the kids, which have now gone to them, so this time it is a choice of how to decorate it. I have enough still for 2 trees, but I am being selective this year. The first one on the tree is a 60 year old hummingbird ornament that was my mom and dad’s. Mom loved birds. Every year it takes the prestigious center stage, in memory of mom, how I miss her. The second one is a wooden one that says “Jesus is the Reason for the Season” that I made, in remembrance of what this joyous season is all about. I put out a little Christmas bear that my sister and I had made a pact to use every year after Mom passed away, and in doing that I also remember my sister, how I miss her so dearly. Christmas has a way of pulling at your heart strings and reminding you of how special family is and to never let a day go by without letting them know how much they are loved.

This year the next ornie that I placed on the tree was from our Christmas swap, a stocking filled with a red ticking candy cane and stick, and a grubby candle. They smell divine. They are from a friend that I have never met, but we share a love of God, a love of family, and a love of primitive crafting. We are kindred spirits. To follow it is another ornie from the same lady, and I will always treasure them.

Christmas season brings forth many things, anticipation, delight, love, and remembrance. I hope that you are all having a delightful weekend with your family and that your tree is adorned with precious memories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hidey HO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidey HO!   Hidey HO! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hidey HO!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hedgewife :: Daily Musings :: G'mornin!-
Jump to: