The Hedgewife

The Hedgewife forum is for women who love old fashioned living and creating in todays modern world.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm going to be changing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

I'm going to be changing Empty
PostSubject: I'm going to be changing   I'm going to be changing EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:49 am

Some of the things I plant next year.
Broccoli will be high on the list of things to plant and grow. Cucumbers will be low on the list. (Maybe one or two plants for fresh salad use). I canned so many 'pickles' and such this year, that I wont need much the year after...
Tomatoes will be high on the list again this year, and bell peppers of course.
I don't know that we'll do corn again next year, since our crop this year got 'smut' and had to all be destroyed. Green beans are a possibility to up this upcoming year.
Zuchinni and yellow squash will again be high on the list, and we may plant that elsewhere to get a bigger crop.
Plan is to plant as much as we can to 'put up' in the larder for the upcoming years. (along with a few 'fresh eating' things such as lettuce, etc).
I've asked hubby for a pressure canner for xmas. That way I can 'can' more instead of freezing. So we'll see what Santa brings me. Smile

Make hay while the sun shines!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be changing   I'm going to be changing EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 pm

Well..as promised ...I sat down yesterday and made my 'garden produce' list. And..high on the list was broccoli, tomatoes, squashes, beans, corn and bell peppers. Ya know the old adage..plant what you eat and eat what you plant!!!

I'm starting on my '2 year storage' plan. Buy up some canned good and dry goods for storage. (again..not sure why) But..feel it's important. Sooo as soon as I return from NY and go to work, I'll be buying large bags of rice and flour..to store..along with dried beans and such. Staples ya know.

NOW..I just gotta find some storage places for them!

Make hay while the sun shines!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be changing   I'm going to be changing EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:59 pm

Sounds like you are preparing for something we don't want to think about! Who knows, vibes are something to not be ignored. Other than canning and frozen game, never been one to stock up too far away, although the cupboards are bursting most of the time. Be Prepared! Company might come!! Or kids, walking stomachs!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be changing   I'm going to be changing Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm going to be changing
Page 1 of 1