The Hedgewife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hedgewife

The Hedgewife forum is for women who love old fashioned living and creating in todays modern world.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The 'UFO" week.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

The 'UFO" week. Empty
PostSubject: The 'UFO" week.   The 'UFO" week. EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 8:17 pm

Well, as promised to myself, I would make this a UFO week..as we all know UFO means unfinished objects. I've accomplished just that and even started something that I should have started months ago.

Ok..here's the list of accomplishments.
I finished that rag quilt that I started back in the spring
I framed a stitchery that I finished months ago
I went through all my 'sewing' supplies and got them organized
I finally hung a picture in my kitchen that was bought for the kitchen MONTHS ago.
I started painting my christmas villiage houses (which I should have started months ago) and got one almost to completion.
I hung the shelf back over my hallway door (it fell several months back) and refilled that with my goodies.
I cut out the beginnings of another quilt (which I had planned a few months back)..for me.

WHEW! Now..dinner is over, the dishes are done, the kitchen is clean and I may head back to the craft room to finish up that village house. Smile I Just may!

It's been a productive week..and I'm glad. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

The 'UFO" week. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'UFO" week.   The 'UFO" week. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 12:13 am

Wow, good for you, Sage! That is a great weeks' work! Don't you just love it when you sit back and look at your accomplishments? I know I do, when it happens!

So what kind of a quilt are you doing this time?????
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

The 'UFO" week. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'UFO" week.   The 'UFO" week. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 8:18 pm

It's actually..a very simple one.
I had some beautiful material that was printed to look like quilt squares. Most people use them to make pillows. But..that's not what I wanted it for. So in a way this isn't an official 'quilt' but I intend to make it so. I have cut out each of the already printed blocks..and now intend on cutting out some of my own material ..of a solid color. I'll sew all these blocks together to create the quilt top, then I'll put it on the frame and actually quilt the printed blocks and the plain blocks. The printed blocks look like an actual quilt block..but it's simply printed on..so I will quilt where it should be to help it look more authentic. I hope I'm explaining this ok..LOL I'll put some pics up on my blog as soon as I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

The 'UFO" week. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'UFO" week.   The 'UFO" week. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:12 pm

The new quilt sounds very interesting, Sage. Will love to see the completed project! I have promised myself that if all goes well and we get to Ohio next year, I am buying an authentic Amish quilt just for myself!! Since I rarely do that kind of work, it's a real treat and I love it soooooooo much. My friend has recently gotten right into it and she has such beautiful quilts on the go. I adore them all. I understand all the work that goes into them, I took a course on them and still haven't quite finished the lap quilt that we did! One day..... But for now, I do small quilted projects and that is enough for me. I need more instant gratification of smaller pieces, must by my adult A.D.D.!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The 'UFO" week. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'UFO" week.   The 'UFO" week. Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'UFO" week.
Page 1 of 1