The Hedgewife

The Hedgewife forum is for women who love old fashioned living and creating in todays modern world.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas villiage on the move!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Christmas villiage on the move! Empty
PostSubject: Christmas villiage on the move!   Christmas villiage on the move! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 8:50 pm

Many years ago I had painted, one by one a mini christmas villiage. (lighted) It was so adorable. I set it up with a train running round it and everyone loved it...including me.
Well.... I lost that in the house fire we had in 2001..
It has taken me this many years to consider another one, so this past spring I ordered several houses..unpainted. Now, my intention was to paint one every once in a while so that it would be done by this Christmas. BUT..that didn't happen.

Since last week was my UFO week (and seems to be continuing into this week) I pretty much felt free'd up enough to start painting on the houses. Soo I started one on Saturday ..and finished that one and a second one on Sunday. They are adorable. I've got about 5 more to go, and I don't know that I'll get them all done by this Christmas..but I might! I don't have a train set to run round them yet, but that will come with time.

My thinking is..as long as I have it all complete and running by the time my grandkids are old enough to marvel at it,...I'm good to go! (and I can't wait to take pictures of that!)

Make hay while the sun shines!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Christmas villiage on the move!   Christmas villiage on the move! EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 7:42 pm

So Sage, did you get it finished? Would LOVE to see pictures!!! Sounds wonderful to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Christmas villiage on the move!   Christmas villiage on the move! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 5:18 pm

I got two of them finished....but haven't really had a chance to go back in and work on anymore since then. I took this week to get things ready for my NY trip, so maybe I'll get a chance to go work on a few more next week. And trust me..I WILL post pics on the blog as soon as I get them done!

Make hay while the sun shines!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas villiage on the move!   Christmas villiage on the move! Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas villiage on the move!
Page 1 of 1