The Hedgewife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hedgewife

The Hedgewife forum is for women who love old fashioned living and creating in todays modern world.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yum Yum Yum!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Yum Yum Yum! Empty
PostSubject: Yum Yum Yum!   Yum Yum Yum! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 9:06 pm

Today..was chicken day!
Part of the 'rubber chicken' week!
It's a frugal thing, and a yummy thing.
On Sunday, I baked a whole chicken. That chicken has now bounced three x's for me.
1. Dinner on Sunday night
2. Lunch for the hubbby the following day
3. The best Chicken and Dumplins tonight!
YUM!! (and actually, since I made a huge pot..it'll be here for lunch tomorrow!..that's 4x's round for one chicken!)

Wasnt' sure whether to put this in the frugal section or the what's for dinner section, but hey..it's good either way.
Don't ya just love chicken and dumplins??
I make it the old fashioned way too..mixing my own dumplins and droppin' em in small spoonfull at a time! (no canned biscuits here) If I have lefter over 'dumplin' dough, I heat up the oven and drop em on a baking sheet and pop em! YUM..now we have biscuits to eat with the chicken and dumplins if we run out of dumplins!

So tell me..do you make dumplins?
Back to top Go down
http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Yum Yum Yum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum Yum Yum!   Yum Yum Yum! EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 1:40 am

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't made them in some time! Our son LOVES them, so when I made stew or something that they went with, he LOVED them. To tell you the truth, I don't think about them too much, don't know why. Guess our meals are really toned down since the kids left, gets boring. But thanks for the inspiration, think I'll keep that in mind for the weekend!! Smile
Back to top Go down

Yum Yum Yum!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hedgewife :: The Hedgewife Kitchen :: The Laden Table-
Jump to: