The Hedgewife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hedgewife

The Hedgewife forum is for women who love old fashioned living and creating in todays modern world.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I am truly disheartened

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

I am truly disheartened Empty
PostSubject: I am truly disheartened   I am truly disheartened EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:05 pm

With the world today. For the past several months really, I've read a lot of news ...watched a lot of news and looked at our society as a whole and I must say..I'm truly sadened at what we have become.
There are so many bad things out there..things that people do to one another that I find myself in total shock when reading it all. Especially crimes against children..and children who commit some of the crimes I read. It's CRAZY!
Are we doomed to become......what I'm reading..a society that cares so little for other humans that we think not about compassion before commiting these horrible crimes?

It's not just here..it's world wide.
It's started to sicken me again, and part of me wants to stop reading and learning about it, but at the same time, I fear if I choose to ignore it, I will become niave to people around me..and how they can be.
Tell me..how do you deal with the atrocious crimes you hear of, that people do to one another?
Back to top Go down
http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

I am truly disheartened Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am truly disheartened   I am truly disheartened EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Well, Sage, I guess it is what it is. That seems to be said so much these days. The truth is that the world is going to hell in a handbasket. I keep hoping against all hopes that maybe, just maybe, kind deeds and actions are as infectious as laughter. Maybe, by example, we can influence our kids, and they in turn their kids and friends to build back a world that we can be proud of. At the same time, it is difficult to not be so naive that the next person can always be trusted. Catch 22? I dunno. Kind of makes you want to sell out and move to the hills, doesn't it??
Back to top Go down

I am truly disheartened
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hedgewife :: Your World Today :: Can you believe?-
Jump to: