The Hedgewife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hedgewife

The Hedgewife forum is for women who love old fashioned living and creating in todays modern world.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today was comfort food day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Today was comfort food day Empty
PostSubject: Today was comfort food day   Today was comfort food day EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:06 pm

For many years I made a homemade version of 'hamburger helper' ..specifically when my kids lived at home. It went a long way and fed a lot! Econimical too!

HUBBY loves it..and I had not made it in a long long time, to tonight it was 'comfort food day'..and I made the homemade hamburger helper today..cept I used ground venison..which you can't tell the difference in that and hamburger..cept ..there's little to no fat.
Added the macaroni noodles..some mushrooms..little soy sauce..salt, pepper and enough water to cover it all and simmered till the noodles were done. Then..I added a can of cream of mushroom soup.......Baked up some biscuits and served corn on the side..boy oh boy..it was surely good and a nice warm all in one meal for a cool fall evening like we have going on right now!
COMFORT FOOD!..Memory Food..whatever you call it..it was GOOD!
Back to top Go down
http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Today was comfort food day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today was comfort food day   Today was comfort food day EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:47 pm

That sounds great....I never think to add some soy sauce. I use lots of garlic. I've got a freezer full of deer and elk meat, lots of burger, which I use in spaghetti sauce, hamburger soup, meatballs, ..... gotta do this one. It's kind of like a hamburger hash that I used to make. You're right, memory food! Smile
Back to top Go down

Today was comfort food day
Page 1 of 1