The Hedgewife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hedgewife

The Hedgewife forum is for women who love old fashioned living and creating in todays modern world.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's cleaning time again!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

It's cleaning time again! Empty
PostSubject: It's cleaning time again!   It's cleaning time again! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 10:08 am

Of course, I clean everyday, but I've got family coming in next week, for a baby shower and a visit so I'm doing extra cleaning and a refreshing of the decorations!

Today, the kitchen took a hit with the cleaning bug, specially since I did so much canning in the last three days or so. I'm still not quite finished with that room, but it will take a few days to do some rearranging and decorating that I want to do. The dinning room is all done, thank goodness, but that room is pretty easy to do anyway.
Then I get to start on the guest rooms!

So what's on everyones 'got to do' list??
Back to top Go down
http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: It's cleaning time again!   It's cleaning time again! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:15 am

I only keep up the day to day in the summer, Sage. Of course I do the odd window, wipe out the odd cupboard, keep up the fridge and everything looks bright and shiny. However, come fall, look out. I gut things, clean with a frenzy, cleaning the dust from the open windows (don't use a/c if there is a nice breeze blowing, no no.) Then again in the spring everything gets a thorough cleaning. There is enough work on a daily basis to keep me busy and still have a life. Don't know how I managed when I worked full time, just don't remember! For now, the carpets can wait and we will get through the summer quite well and presentable!! I've been know to get carried away cleaning, got caught once with the pledge waxing the floor vents for the furnace ducts. Laughing Over that one!
Sooooooooooo, until Labor Day weekend, just day to day work, then we scrub a little harder!!
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin
Sage

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: It's cleaning time again!   It's cleaning time again! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:44 pm

I do the same thing. I was raised where the house got a good cleaning through and through each spring, but I have a tendancy to do it twice a year like you. Fall and spring. Each of those seasons allows me the fresh air of open windows! (both on the ends of 'closed in seasons'...)

It's all pretty much day to day stuff for me right now too, but every once in a while I sneak in something special.

My kids have gone back to their respective homes, and the next two weeks are looking to be very busy with catching up, cleaning up and crafting up! (and tossing OUT!)

I really have this desire to 'clear the decks' before the fall cleaning this year and get rid of MUCH.
Back to top Go down
http://hedgewife.blogspot.com/
stitchesnstrokes
Junior Hedgewife
Junior Hedgewife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: It's cleaning time again!   It's cleaning time again! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:11 pm

The offer is still on the table...you can come here and gut my house any time!! LOL One of my closest friends is moving this year (sobbing) and we are going to have a combined garage/moving sale after her son's wedding in August. That should get rid of a lot of the stuff. I still have a lot in bins from my real estate days, I'm certain that if I did a really thorough search I could have lots of "21's"!! Why, I'll bet that if I got rid of a lot of the kids' stuff that they are "saving" they wouldn't even notice!!!! There are still a lot of rubbermaid bins around here that are their treasures, and when they finally take them they will go through them and throw most everything out, I would bet on it. Oh well, until they are in a permanent place, they just don't have the room and I guess we do!!!! Smile

I'm doing some major crafting this week, in the mood. I still haven't started my snowman though....just have to finish some other stuff first. We have until the 28th, right??? I work better under pressure!!

Back to work for me. ttyl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's cleaning time again!   It's cleaning time again! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's cleaning time again!
Page 1 of 1